A winter spent in the company of comfort foods and warm evenings spent drinking wine can often leave you feeling a bit tired and sluggish. But let’s face it, soul-soothing winter comfort food is a definite winner! However, with spring just around the corner, there’s no better time to hit refresh on your diet to detox. For me, spring is a new beginning.
During the onset of spring, all my senses feel rejuvenated – the days get longer, the first fresh plants colour the farmers’ market in vibrant green, and my diet changes accordingly. Fresh greens pulsing with energy and loaded with enzymes, vitamins, and minerals replace the superfoods I relied on during winter and naturally find their way into my smoothies, salads, and soups.
Having a gentle detox regimen is the best way to get reenergized and ready to conquer the opportunities that lie ahead. To get rid of all the negative effects on your body from the environment – chemicals, pesticides, food additives, secondary smoke, pollutants and much more. A little change in your diet can make all the difference. Today we will talk about a few detox recipes which will make you feel better and brighter. Compliment it with some of our newly introduced Ceramicware & our popular woodenware products, your little detox project is going to be a winner.
- Fresh Lemon Juice. There is no better way to cleanse the body than with some water instilled with freshly squeezed lemons and green mint leaves. It will hydrate your body and help in removing the accumulated toxins from the body. Use our Heritage Veranda Water Jug to Serve. This is one drink that you don’t have to drink responsibly 😎
- Quinoa Salad: Granted, you need to cleanse. Detox. Reboot. But when you’re like me and a total food lover, you know you’d never last long on a liquid cleanser. Detoxifying your body does not mean starvation. You can have a filling salad with lots of green and fresh veggies, seasoned with black pepper and extra virgin olive oil. That sure is going to keep your hunger pangs at bay. And, who said you can’t have the cake and eat it too? 😛 Check out our cool & colourful Classic Wooden acacia salad bowl to compliment the salad.
- Smoothie: An invigorating smoothie made with some of the seasonal fruit like raspberries, mangoes, and peaches is all you require to cleanse your body. You’ll also get health benefits from the addition of detoxifying powerhouses like honey, turmeric, ginger, cayenne, and lemon. When left and right doesn’t cut for you, you can always go center. 😉 😉
- Green Spring Salad: Whip some green produce like broccoli, asparagus, peas, avocado along with some olive oil and pepper. This salad will be a head turner, especially when you Serve with our Happy Birdy Plate 😉 .The wide shallow shape makes it easy to toss leafy greens and other ingredients with dressing, so you enjoy all the balanced flavors perfectly.
- Spring Soup: Soups can be so beneficial for detoxing — they contain lots of water to help you stay hydrated. Sit down with a hearty bowl full of this warming, nourishing soup. Pack it with broccoli and asparagus and flavourful spices like onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Our Rustic Elegance Serving Bowl is the perfect way to have this hot soup on a warm spring evening. Did we say this is another center thing 😀
I hope you will try these simple detox ideas at home and share your feedback. If you have any interesting recipe please share with us. Also, a few months back, I have shared some fascinating meals recipes for Autumn. You can have a look at that too. Keep watching this space for more. Till then enjoy the winters and be ready to welcome SPRING!